In a significant move, the Ministry of Education has issued a notification detailing the restructuring of the administrative framework for the JEE Apex Board (JAB), responsible for conducting the prestigious Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for undergraduate engineering programs in Institutes of Technology (ITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). According to the notification, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will have oversight over all technology (software) support-related matters. To handle various backend tasks, such as pre and post-examination activities, including online application submissions, the agency may collaborate with the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) as required.
This reconstitution of the JEE Apex Board (JAB) has been mandated by the competent authority to ensure the seamless management of the JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) Entrance Examinations for the years 2024 and 2025, following the conclusion of the previous JAB’s term.
Key highlights of the JEE Apex Board reconstitution:
– The JEE Apex Board will have the ultimate authority to establish policies, rules, and regulations for the execution of the JEE Main exam and will collaborate closely with the organizing institution of JEE (Advanced).
– NTA will provide administrative and logistical support for the nationwide conduct of JEE (Main).
– The IIT system’s JAB will continue to oversee the administration of JEE Advanced.
– The National Informatics Centre (NIC) and C-DAC will contribute information technology-related (software) support and backend assistance for pre and post-examination activities, including online application form submissions.
– The transparency processes established by the IIT system for JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) will be upheld.